May 16, 2015

Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mousse (Low-Carb Alternative!)

Blogging just got so much more exciting - I've finally begun to grasp the very basics of Adobe Lightroom which makes my pictures look a teeny bit more professional and I don't have to be embarrassed about posting them anymore. Half a year after getting my camera hehe. You know what they say, better late than never!


This obviously calls for a celebratory (and nowadays rare) new recipe by yours truly. Apologies for taking so long but here it is, my vegan chocolate mousse recipe! It's vegan (duh), can be made low-carb and tastes absolutely d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s if I may say so myself. Although the recipe calls for fresh berries, I could highly recommend squeezing some passion fruit over this beauty as well since chocolate and passion fruit were made for each other (we all know it).

Hopefully it won't be long before the next recipe and if so, please give me remind me of what a lousy blogger I am and I will get to it immediately. Pinkie swear!
'

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

- 300 g silken tofu

- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder

- 1 tbsp mesquite powder (could possibly sub for lucuma powder or omit)

- 25 g 80-90% dark chocolate

- 5-6 dates (50-60 g depending on how sweet you like it) or 3 tbsp erythritol for a low-carb free version

Toppings:

- Fresh strawberries and blueberries

- Coconut chips or cacao nibs for crunch

How to:

1. Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and blend until entirely smooth. Scrape down the sides with a spatula to make sure that no unblended pieces remain.
2. Top with berries and a sprinkle of coconut chips or cacao nibs if you wish and serve immediately or keep in the fridge for a couple of days at most.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly submit you comment in good way,thanks..