January 11, 2010

How to Make Iced Pomegranate Green Tea

When the weather starts to get warmer, for me that means only one thing--it's time to make pomegranate iced tea! Sure, I like the standard formula of brewing black or green tea and pouring it over ice--but I also love making my own iced tea blends combining juices and herbs in fun ways. This iced pomegranate and green tea blend is one of my favorites!

1.Step 1
Boil water in the saucepan. Turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes and remove bags.

2.Step 2
Let the tea cool for about 30 minutes. Add pomegranate juice.

3.Step 3
At this point, you can either add ice to a pitcher, pour in the tea and serve--or you can add the tea to a jar and refrigerate it. It will keep for up to 3 days.

4.Step 4
Spearmint leaves make a very pleasant garnish and infuse a minty flavor into the tea. This step, however, is optional.

Tips & warning

#I always choose the highest quality green tea possible. I find that the standard supermarket varieties are a little too bitter for my taste. Experiment with different types, but it is a matter of personal preference.

#You can substitute any juice for the pomegranate such as blueberry or grape.

#Add some sparkling water or ginger beer just before serving for a festive punch for entertaining.

Enjoy pomegranate green tea juice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly submit you comment in good way,thanks..